Pack the complete essential men's dopp kit, the perfect toiletry bag for travel.
Travel takes a man beyond the familiar and thrusts him into the unknown. That shift stirs adventure into his soul. Some experiences are more riveting than others. You may drive the minivan to the in-laws house or trek across the globe to the Australian Outback. Either way it is wise to heed the Boy Scout motto, “Be Prepared”, and properly pack a men’s dopp kit.
The principle gear of any journey can be found in a men’s dopp kit. Yes, the travel toiletry bag is a collection of essential hygiene items. Most men inadequately pack a dopp kit prior to travel by tossing random supplies from their bathroom counter into their luggage. Inevitably one or two fundamental items are left behind. Here is your guide to pack the perfect dopp kit for any summer voyage.
The Essential Men’s Dopp Kit Checklist
Provided is a complete checklist of toiletries that every man should pack in his dopp kit for an overnight trip.
The Men’s Toiletries Bag
Select a stylish, yet rugged, dopp kit. Re-Sails offers two exceptional toiletry bags. The signature All Sail Dopp Kit is constructed from authentic recycled sailcloth, resulting in a one of a kind accessory. Their Nylon Men’s Dopp Kit is sold in five different bold colors with a Kevlar side panel. Both are machine washable and water repellent. The unique appearance makes a statement, especially for those with a nautical heart.
- Comb / Brush: If you are Bruce Willis or “The Rock”, you can save space.
- Gel: A little dab’ll do ya. Cam Newton has exceeded his dab limit.
- Shampoo / Conditioner: Most hotels provide standard shower products. If you are traveling off the beaten path, you may wish to play it safe.
- Toothbrush: Don’t get stuck using one of those flimsy disposable cat hair bristle emergency toothbrushes delivered 75 minutes late by the night maid.
- Toothpaste: Can also be used to clear up pimples.
- Floss: Steak dinner. Enough said.
- Mouthwash: Halitosis be gone.
- Lip Balm: Dry climates can can turn those kissers into baseball grade leather. If you will be outside often, get one with an SPF rating. Make sure it is not lifeguard white. I’ve made that mistake before.
- Contacts, Case, Saline: You eyeballin me, son?
- Microfiber Cloth: Great for cleaning standard eyeglasses, sunglasses, or phone screens.
- Glasses: Mine have the big nose and furry mustache attached.
- Sunglasses: Tote along a pair of quality shades. We recommend Shady Rays sunglasses for fashion, function, and one amazing warranty. Their sunglasses are available in a number of styles equipped with crystal clear polarized lenses. Best of all, if the glasses are lost or broken, Shady Rays will replace them for free.
- Q-tips: I bet there is a rapper with this name.
- Ear plugs: If you have ever spent the night in a downtown San Juan hotel room, you know why these are essential.
- Kleenex: Required if the in-flight movie is Rudy. “You’re five foot nothin’, a hundred and nothin’ and hardly have a spec of athletic ability and you hung in with the best college football team in the land for two years …”
- Nail Clippers: Why do fingernails seem to grow faster on vacation?
- Emery Board: Nail filing or sandpaper in a pinch.
- Hand Sanitizer: In case you come in contact with a politician.
- Tweezers: Prime time to pluck that unibrow or pull a nasty splinter.
- Soap: Most hotels supply a new bar. Others just pick hairs off the existing one.
- Deodorant: Maybe bring a loaner for the French guy next to you on the plane. Or, just let him keep it.
- Burrito: Making sure you are paying attention.
- Gold Bond: When things get damp, feel like a champ.
- Razor: Pack extra blades if you are James Harden.
- Shaving Cream: Be nice and clean, shave every day and you’ll always look keen.
- After Shave: Aughhhhhhhhh!
- Face Wipes: An instant refresher.
- Lotion: Or, moisturizer if you are fancy.
- Cologne: Use responsibly.
- Daily Vitamins: Because you don’t always eat healthy on the road.
- Advil: Universal pain relief.
- NyQuil / DayQuil: One dose and you are back in business. (Don’t mix these up.)
- Imodium: Montezuma can strike anywhere, even if Trump builds a wall.
- Pepcid: New foods = unexpected results
- Band-Aids: Don’t just use for sympathy.
- Insect spray: Mosquitoes are lurking everywhere.
- Sunscreen: Especially if your latitude is less than 30.
Additional Men’s Dopp Kit Items
- Sewing Kit: Popping a pants button may be the most humiliating feeling in the world.
- Safety pins: In case you can’t sew.
- Zip ties: MacGyver could have saved a whole lot of time with zip ties
- Ziploc bags: Pack a sandwich or keep your phone dry.
- Small Carabiner: Great to hang your dopp kit.
- Swiss Army Knife: Saw, knife, scissors, tweezers, toothpick, bottle opener, screwdriver, & feeling like a 10 year old kid again. Put this in your check luggage.
Assemble complete men’s dopp kit based on your needs, travel destination, and length of stay. Each excursion requires a packing a custom set of essential toiletries.
TSA regulates items of concern for airplane travel. Liquids are limited to 3.4 ounces per container and must fit in a one quart-sized resealable bag for carry-on luggage.
Print the Essential Men’s Toiletry Bag Checklist (PDF).
Travel often. Pack well. Drink good beer.